Thursday 8 November 2018

A Car to Eternity

You have already read about my proposed journey to Mars, https://itsmylife126.wordpress.com/2017/11/10/a-ticket-to-Mars/and how I am so elated that scientists are working round the clock to make my time happy on the red planet – https://itsmylife126.wordpress.com/2017/11/26/happy-hours-on-mars/
And now this news. An enterprising entrepreneur whose name rhymes with a type of a deer and a melon, has put car in space. And its not your humble Ambassador or the Premier, it’s a top of the line Sportcar!
It is said that if you desire something with all your heart, the whole Universe conspires to help you to achieve it.
Here I was, desperately desiring to get my feet, albeit spacesuit clad, on Mars and the Universe was conspiring to make my dream come true.
So this blessed entrepreneur developed his own Space program and created the first private space rocket. Then he approached various government Space organisations to offer them his Space rocket to put their various payloads into space, challenging them that his rocket would certainly reach the Mars orbit.
But to no avail. However he didn’t lose heart and decided on his own personal electronic roadster as the payload, with a ‘Starman’ in the drivers seat.
And this is how, his dream and my dream converged. Today his car has been put into an orbit around the Sun instead of Mars. The trajectory is in a different inclination as compared to Mars orbit so technically it has been designed not to fly by Mars nor enter into an orbit around Mars.
But so what?
If I ever get bored during the long space flight to Mars, I can always step outside, and hitch a ride from the ‘Starman’.
I understand there are a lot of goodies on the car.
On the dashboard, it carries a miniature model of the car.
If I fee like reading, I can always open the glovebox and read the copy of “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy”, which is placed Inside the glovebox.
If I feel like hearing some music, I can put on the music system and hear “Space Oddity” by David Bowie.
On the long journey, if I forget about my origins, there is plaque which reads “Made on earth by humans”.
And, God forbid, if I panic, I just have to see the sign on the dashboard reading, “DON’T PANIC!”.
So all is set! Bon voyage!
Yatindra Tawde

No comments:

Mumbai - 2025

Mumbai - 2025 I am wandering through the lanes of my place of birth, Dadar, getting nostalgic about the days gone by. Hindu colony and my ...